Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Today at Storytime: Infants

The books we shared:
Kisses by Barney Saltzberg
Cuddle up with this new book by Barney Saltzberg that celebrates kisses using touch-and-feel, pull tabs, lift-the-flaps, and sound.

You and Me, Baby by Lynn Reiser & Penny Gentieu
A delightful, and diverse group of babies and adoring parents are featured in this photographic celebration of a baby's day.

This Little Piggy by Moira Kemp
This traditional rhyme is perfect for sharing with babies and toddlers. Sing along and wiggle those piggies!

Guess Who? by Guido van Genechten
Engaging questions entertain children with comparing similarities between different animals in this lift-the-flap book for toddlers.

Where is Baby's Pumpkin? by Karen Katz (Amazon.com)
Karen Katz's adorable baby is back wearing a sparkly black cat costume in this lift-the-flap Halloween-themed board book for babies and toddlers.

A few of the rhymes we shared:
Here's a Ball
Here's a ball and here's a ball
And a great big ball I see!
Shall we count them? Are you ready?
One, two, three! (swing baby)

Pony Boy
Pony boy, pony boy
Won't you be my pony boy.
Don't say no, here we go
Right across the plain-oh
Carry me, carry me,
Ride away with you, oh!
Giddy up, Giddy up, Giddy up, whoa!
My pony boy!

Bullfrog
Down by the banks
of the hanky panky
Where the bullfrogs jump
from bank to banky
Goin' EEP, OPP, belly flop!
One missed the lily pad
and went KERPLOP!

A Bee is on My Toe
A bee is on my toe, 
A bee is on my toe,
Heigh-ho, just watch me blow,
A bee is on my toe.
....on my nose...on my tummy, etc.

No comments: