Friday, November 30, 2012

Meet a Youth Services Librarian: Dana

Dana Campbell, Youth Services Librarian

Have you ever wanted to learn more about your local librarians? We'll be featuring interviews with our Youth Services Librarians on this blog in the coming weeks and months. You may recognize our first featured librarian, Dana Campbell. Dana brings her outgoing personality, contagious love of children's books, and enthusiasm for promoting early literacy in our community. She juggles many hats as a Youth Services Librarian. She's a regular storyteller at Storytime and Mother Goose Asks "Why?", and one of the facilitators of the Kids Book Club. She purchases materials in the juvenile nonfiction collection in the areas of social sciences, health, technology, literature, history, and biography. Dana is also the materials selector for the Early Reader [E-R] collection. In addition, she brings her love of literacy and animals to the community by organizing the R.E.A.D. Dogs program for beginning readers at the library.

What drew you to Youth Services and/or librarianship?

I was working as a branch manager for a different system. I had realized I was having a great time working with kids, visiting schools, building a strong library relationship with the community. I was hooked. I decided to take a chance and become a Youth Services Librarian. It has been an adventure ever since!


Favorite Children's Book:

As a little girl, it was Henny Penny. My favorite now is The Baby Beebee Bird written by Diane Redfield Massie and illustrated by Steven Kellogg.

Most Memorable Story:

Too many to think about!


Unique Talent:

Creative thinking! Want to make something, but don't know how? Ask me! I love to create craft activities for kids.


Fun Fact:

Believe it or not, I am a bicycle girl. I love to ride.



No comments: